Pages

December 9, 2012

DIY Aspirin Face Mask for Acne

Sometimes I'm a bit skeptical of the effectiveness of DIY face masks, but I just tried this one and I can actually see and feel the difference! My skin is smoother and the blemishes that were irritating me are noticeably less noticeable! Plus it only takes two ingredients and two minutes to whip up.
Here's the recipe:

  • One or two non-coated aspirin tablets (coated is fine too, though)
  • A drop or two of water (or lemon juice for a more aggressive treatment)
Directions:
  1. Put the aspirin in a small ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin (or a spoon) until it is a powder. 
  2. Add a drop of water to the bag or just enough so the aspirin becomes a paste.
  3. Apply this to just your problem areas or your whole face.
  4. Allow it to dry and sit for 10 minutes.
  5. Rinse off with warm water.
  6. Don't forget to moisturize! The acetylsalicylic acid will cause your skin to dry out.
Why it works:
Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a close relative to salicylic acid which is found in many acne treatments. It works efficiently to reduce the redness and swelling of larger blemishes, as well as gently exfoliate away dry skin. I would recommend pampering yourself with this once or twice a week if you have acne-prone skin, or just as a spot treatment if you get those occasional pimples like me. 
If you try it out, I hope you get as great of results as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment