Pages

December 12, 2012

Trend Report: Peplum

I have some news for you straight from my B.P. Fashion Board meeting: Peplum is here to stay! The flirty and figure flattering silhouette will be sticking with us all the way into the 2013 spring/summer season. I actually haven't been able to commit to purchasing a peplum piece yet, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for one now.

Here are some ways that I enjoy peplum:

Olivia Palermo in Dior: I love the juxtaposition of the leather and the femininity of the peplum. A more affordable option is available at Urban Outfitters.
I love the concept of the lace and peplum, but I think a different color than the dress above would be more seasonally appropriate. It would look lovely in oxblood or black for the holidays.
This look is so fresh and effortlessly chic. I especially like how the peplum is more structural with pleats, instead of a ruffle. 
This skirt from Topshop is made out of "scuba" material so it gives the peplum more weight and body while creating really sleek lines down the skirt.























These two tops combine the peplum trend with the leopard print trend, which I love. The one from B.P. Nordstrom (left) is younger and flirtier, while the Topshop version (right) is more abstract, structured, and sophisticated. I'll take one of each, please!











No comments:

Post a Comment