Pages

January 30, 2013

Clarisonic Mia 2

Before starting my review, here's some basic info you might want to know:
Clarisonic offers several different cleansing systems (Mia, Mia 2, Aria, etc.), but the Mia 2 is the most popular. It has two speeds, so you can adjust it to your skin's needs, and is travel friendly. The brush head it comes with can be interchanged with a variety of brush heads that have specific uses. It also comes with the pLink charger and a travel case. The battery lasts for quite a bit, but charging it also takes a while.





Before I tried the Clarisonic Mia 2, at least 3 of my friends had been using it and were happy with the results, so I thought that it would definitely be worth it (These things aren't very cheap!). I have combination skin, that has been more on the oily side lately, so I was hoping that it would improve the oiliness while getting rid of the dried out areas. After about three nights of using it to wash my face before bedtime I noticed that I was breaking out. Little blemishes kept appearing in spots where I normally didn't break out and got even worse in my problem areas.

I did some research and I found out that it is common for new Clarisonic users to experience a "purging stage." This means that the Clarisonic is doing it's job at deeply cleaning your skin, but in the process the wastes/dirt/bacteria needs to be expelled through blemishes. Another thing I learned was that the Clarisonic Mia 2 was just too harsh on some people's skin, so they had to minimize the use to once or twice a week. Also, if you don't wash your Clarisonic on a weekly basis bacteria can start to accumulate on the brush head, which could cause break outs.

I'm approaching my fourth week of using the Clarisonic every night, and I have seen some changes. My T-Zone had been getting much more oily than normal before I started using the Mia 2, but after a week or so I noticed that it had started to diminish. I was also really impressed with how much left-over makeup it washes off. I use a makeup removing wipe before I wash my face, but I found out that they really aren't removing as much as they should be, and the Mia 2 finishes the job. Another thing it is really effective at is exfoliating. The subtle vibrating combined with moving it in a circular motion is sure to remove any dead skin and leave your face baby-skin soft. Unfortunately, I still have more blemishes than I would like, but I think I just need to give it a little more time.

Hope this review was helpful! If you have any more questions feel free to ask me in the comments. xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment