Pages

January 30, 2013

Product Review: Clarisonic Mia 2, Lush, + More

I just celebrated my 16th birthday this past Sunday (January 27) and I received some bath and body goodies that I thought were worth sharing.

Bath & Body Birthday Haul


1) Clarisonic Mia2- My mom bought me the "passion fruit" colored one as an early birthday present at the beginning of the month, so I've had a decent amount of time to draw conclusions about it. . . and I must say it does not live up to the hype for me. Read my full review of it here.

2) Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser- I purchased this to go along with the Mia2 because I was in need of a new cleanser. The lady working at Sephora told me that it was her favorite face wash in the store and that it would help with the oiliness and minor blemishes I was struggling with. Overall, it is a pretty effective cleanser. The charcoal that makes it black really does dissolve oil, assist in diminishing pore size, and create a warming effect when lathered on the skin. My only con is that it doesn't have the best fragrance, but I've gotten used to it. One last plus, is that it is made without any of the yucky paragons, sulfates, etc.

3) Hello, Gorgeous giftbox from Lush- My best friend gave me this one on Monday, but I've already tested out most of the products.
  • Rub Rub Rub- This body scrub is the best I've ever tried. The salt crystals are within a gel that makes the exfoliation less harsh than the Sea Salt Scrub, but still scrubs off any dead skin and leaves the skin silky. I really like the soft floral scent, too!
  • Vanilla Dee-Lite- I'm quite picky when it comes to lotions, but this one meets all of my requirements. It feels light on my skin, absorbs super fast, and smells warm and sweet, but not overpoweringly so.
  • Lemony Flutter- This "softening butter" is for repairing tough, cracked skin or cuticles. It literally has the consistency of a stick of butter and therefore feels a little greasy at first, but once it is massaged into a dry area it is absorbed quickly and feels quite nice. My cuticles and elbows have really appreciated it. I'm also a fan of the lemony scent. It has a perfect balance between too sweet and too tart.
  • Gorgeous- Lush believes that Gorgeous is the finest quality moisturizer on the market. I've only used it a couple of times, but I think that it is definitely on the better end of moisturizers. It has a good consistency and leaves my skin hydrated after cleansing it or taking a shower. The combination of organic ingredients leaves it with a pleasant, but somewhat earthy scent. On Lush's website it says that within 4-6 weeks of using Gorgeous skin will appear softer, smoother, and brighter, so I will probably do a follow-up on if it lives up to it's claim. I will warn you that all of the great factors of the moisturizer do add up to a large price tag. A 1.5oz pot of Gorgeous costs $90!
  • Sakura Bath Bomb & The Comforter Bubble Bar- I haven't used these two yet, but both of them smell amazing! Sakura has the same scent as Rub Rub Rub, while The Comforter smells fruity with a hint of warmth and spice from the blackcurrant. Both are fairly large, so I am hoping that I can get more than one use out of them. I'll put these in with a follow up on the Gorgeous moisturizer!
Hope you're week is going well so far! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment